Managing your customer relationships is a key function for any business. Without a solid framework for effective customer relationship management, service delivery lacks consistency and valuable relationships may suffer. That’s why developing your company’s customer relationship management strategy is a top priority.
Even still, the best companies run into customer relationship challenges from time to time. How to cope with challenging customers? How to manage customer contacts when your sales cycle involves multiple touch points – and contact with multiple team members? With digital media making it possible for consumers to engage with brands across a multitude of channels, companies are faced with increasing challenges in maintaining consistency and streamlining the process of monitoring and managing customer relationships.
We’ve searched the far corners of the web to identify the best, most comprehensive, and most valuable blogs on customer relationships and customer management to put best practices and valuable insights from thought leaders at your fingertips.
Please note, we have listed the following 50 customer relationship and customer management blogs in no particular order.
An industry leader in research and information for sales and marketing professionals, Inside CRM is a must-read blog for marketing professionals who want to stay abreast of the latest news impacting customer relationship management, access credible industry research, and get advice from thought leaders on best practices in customer relationship management.
Three posts we like from InsideCRM:
- Seven Ways to Improve Real-Time Customer Service
- 4 Ways Analytics Is Transforming the Contact Center
- How Smart Companies Use CRM Data to Predict Customer Orders
A CRM community forum, CRMSearch “provides advocacy journalism, remarkable content, balanced reporting, and community facilitation.” With content spanning a variety of categories, including CRM, sales, marketing, call centers, and more, CRMSearch is a go-to resource for learning about the latest insights impacting customer relationship management.
Three posts we like from CRMSearch:
- Why Retail Strategies are in Need of Immediate Change
- Best Practices in Sales Pipeline Management
- The Business Case for an Integrated Revenue Cycle
A Silicon Valley-based research firm, Constellation Research aims to help early adopters harness the power of emerging, disruptive technologies. The Constellation Research blog offers insights from a multitude of contributors who provide in-depth information and analysis on the latest sales and marketing technologies, including, of course, customer relationship management tactics and solutions.
Three posts we like from Constellation Research:
- Book Summary: Lesson 4 From Disrupting Digital Business: Data Is The Foundation
- Disrupting Digital Business: The Customer Experience Imperative
- Making Social Customer Care Great Marketing
CustomerThink is all about the customer, but we find Graham Hill’s contributions to this blog particularly relevant to the customer relationship management conversation. Hill works in service innovation, marketing operations, and loyalty management with companies like Optima Partners and Nyras Capital. His contributions to CustomerThink reflect his own views, but offer valuable insights to readers seeking to improve their customer relationships.
Three posts we like from Graham Hill at CustomerThink:
- The Tyranny of Bad Customers
- Why Customer-Focus is NOT ENOUGH to Succeed
- How Contextual Marketing Turns Marketing into Service
Salesforce is a leading, all-in-one customer relationship management solution used by many of today’s leading enterprises. The Salesforce blog, naturally, is heavily focused on customer relationship management and offers value throughout. But we’d like to call your attention specifically to the Customer Service section, which is chock-full of informative advice and tips for improving customer service delivery and better managing your customer relationships in the ever-competitive environment that exists in many industries today.
Three posts we like from Salesforce – Customer Service:
- Baseball, Sales, and Customer Success: They’re More Connected Than You’d Think
- 5 Ways Millennials are Re-defining the Customer Experience
- The Customer is Always Right (And Boy, Do They Have a Lot to Say)
A technology leader and mentor, Mitch Lieberman aims to “bridge the gap between business and technology to drive business value through technological advances.” Lieberman identifies key focus areas as customer experience, customer service, and customer relationships, all topics which he addresses in detail on his blog. While it’s not updated as frequently as some, Lieberman’s blog is an engaging and insightful read into the inner-workings of his mind as it relates to the impact of technology on customer relationships and business as a whole in the modern climate.
Three posts we like from Mitch Lieberman:
- Digital Engagement Requires Context Integration
- There is a Big Difference Between Can’t and Won’t
- Rethinking the Customer Journey
A trusted resource for software buyers, Software Advice helps companies navigate the complex maze of software solutions to streamline business processes through detailed reviews and research on thousands of software applications. As such, the Software Advice team has in-depth knowledge of many of the CRM software solutions on the market today, and The CRM Blog from Software Advice provides tips and tactics for improving the customer experience and getting the most from your software solutions.
Three posts we like from The CRM Blog from Software Advice:
- 4 Strategies for Transforming your Demand Process
- Google+ Debate: Is Customer Service the New Marketing?
- How to Use Customer Service to Refine Your Buyer Persona
SuperOffice is a customer relationship management software application supporting all your business processes, including sales, marketing, and customer service. The SuperOffice Blog is a plethora of information on customer service and customer relationships, including valuable tools, infographics, customer service hacks, insights on using your data to improve the customer experience, and much more.
Three posts we like from SuperOffice Blog:
- 18 CRM Statistics You Need to Know for 2015
- Customer Service Tactics to Help You Beat the Competition
- Why Proactive Support is the Next Generation in Customer Service
Esteban Kolsky is a customer strategist, thinker, and researcher, to name a few of his talents. Kolsky offers advice to businesses of all sizes on how to approach their customer initiatives successfully. His blog, thinkJar, is a collection of the knowledge he’s gained through his work as well as insights and perspectives on industry news.
Three posts we like from thinkJar:
- Getting to Know You, Getting to Know More About You
- The Customer Process: The Five Things You Need to Know Now
- ICYMM: The Modern Customer Interaction
A technology services firm specializing in business applications and cloud solutions, Tribridge is on the cutting edge of modern business. The company’s blog is a wealth of information for professionals, spanning a slew of topics ranging from Big Data and cloud computing to CRM and human capital management. The CRM category alone features dozens of articles with real-world insights and advice on getting the most from your CRM, reviews of leading CRM applications, and strategies for maximizing the customer-facing functions of your business.
Three posts we like from Tribridge – CRM:
- The Jetsons, Self-Driving Cars, and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Success
- How CRM is Helping the Public Sector Keep Pace with Innovation
- Marketing Techniques and Social CRM Tools That Can Help Drive Results
DestinationCRM aims to become the leading resource on information, products, and services relevant to the CRM user marketplace. With the latest industry news and insights on the world’s leading enterprises and how they approach customer service and customer relationship management, along with tips and tools of the trade, Destination CRM is a must-read blog for business leaders seeking to develop customer-centric initiatives.
Three posts we like from Destination CRM Blog:
- IKEA Customer Service Is Redeeming Itself
- How to Select a CRM System
- Reap the Rewards of Purpose Activation
A panel of Microsoft Dynamics CRM experts offer their reviews, insights, and opinions to help marketers select the perfect CRM at the CRM Software Blog. From research and software selection tips to marketing automation and a plethora of tips for using Microsoft Dynamics CRM across a multitude of industries, CRM Software Blog is a worthy read if you’re considering the Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
Three posts we like from CRM Software Blog:
- Getting The Basics Down Right To Turn More Leads Into Customers
- 18 Questions Every Financial Services Firm Should Ask About Their CRM System
- CRM Software: What Is It, Do I Need It, and Is It Worth the Investment?
Nutshell aims to provide a CRM that users will actually enjoy using. The company’s blog, In a Nutshell, encompasses all things sales, marketing, and design, which includes feature updates, tips for using Nutshell to its fullest potential, and plenty of tips and strategies for maximizing your customer relationships.
Three posts we like from In a Nutshell:
Richard Boardman is an independent CRM consultant and founder of the U.K.-based independent CRM consulting firm, Mareeba. At his blog, The CRM Consultant, Boardman shares his expertise on implementing CRM systems, gaining company-wide adoption, and a slew of project management tips for CRM projects.
Three posts we like from The CRM Consultant:
- The increasing power of CRM portal technology
- The zombie CRM apocalypse and ways to avoid it
- Getting people to use CRM software – two key foundations
The Think Customers Blog is brought to you by 1to1 Media, a division of management consulting firm Peppers & Rogers Group. 1to1 Media is a multimedia resource for CRM and customer experience professionals, and the Think Customers Blog is a plethora of insights on developing solid customer relationships, customer service news, marketing automation, and digital marketing.
Three posts we like from Think Customers Blog:
- The Data Digest: Customer Service Has Gone Digital
- Why the Stakes for Knowing Your Customers are Rising
- Don’t Just Ask What CX Leaders Do; Ask Why it Works for Them
Wim Rampen is a customer experience and marketing strategist, change agent, service design expert, and thought leader in the customer relationship management space. His blog focuses on customer and brand strategy, offering tips for mapping the customer journey, measurement, Big Data, marketing, and more.
Three posts we like from Wim Rampen’s Blog:
- A Matter of Who and What to Value
- Marketing’s New Key Competence: Driving the Consumer’s Decision Journey
- Change – Not Adapt To – The Customer Decision Journey
Paul Greenberg authors the Social CRM: The Conversation blog at ZDNet. A consultant, speaker, and author, Greenberg also heads up the customer strategy consulting firm The 56 Group, LLC. Greenberg offers coverage on all the leading industry events, the latest buzz in the industry, and tips for getting your customer relationships right.
Three posts we like from Social CRM: The Conversation:
- Omnichannel: Bad word, critical concept
- That ROI-driven process just cost you a customer
- Customer engagement: digital and physical
A research Vice President and distinguished analyst at Gartner, Michael Maoz’s research focuses on CRM and customer-centric web strategies. Gartner is a leading source of independent research and unbiased information on marketing and technology, making Maoz’s blog a must-read for any marketing professional desiring to stay abreast of the latest technologies in the field.
Three posts we like from Michael Maoz’s Gartner Blog:
- The Customer Engagement Center Magic Quadrant, 2015
- All of the marketing offers that never came, and some that did….
- The CIO, a VP Marketing and a customer walk into a bar….
Jimmy Jacques is a senior sales person by trade and an advocate of business strategies and software technology. From productivity solutions to social CRM tools and lead management systems, Jacques enjoys learning about and sharing new ways for businesses to capitalize on technology to foster better customer relationships and achieve results.
Three posts we like from CRMChump:
- Implementing CRM Metrics For Continuous Process Improvement
- CRM Software Improvement Checklist
- The Marketing Business Problem
Denis Pombriant has been an award-winning blogger, a CRM and social CRM analyst, researcher, writer, and speaker since 2000. His company, Beagle Research Group, LLC, is a CRM analyst firm which was founded in 2004. The company’s blog offers analysis on today’s most pressing industry topics, as well as emerging trends, and advice for CRM selection, deployment, and use.
Three posts we like from Beagle Research:
Brian Vellmure is “connecting dots, distributing intelligence, and driving change at intersection of growth, customers, and emerging tech,” according to his Twitter bio. An executive and consultant who helps B2B and B2C companies “accelerate growth through customer focused transformation initiatives,” Vellmure shares many of his insights and findings from his work at his blog, Value Creator. One of the leading thought leaders in the field, Vellmure’s perspectives are not to be missed.
Three posts we like from Value Creator:
- Rich Communication and its Impact on the Enterprise
- Technology’s role in value creation and growth
- Digital Identity, Predictive Analytics, and Context at Center of Digital Transformation
Enterprise Irregulars is a “diverse group of practitioners, consultants, investors, journalists, analysts, bloggers passionate about technology and its application to business.” As such, you’ll find perspectives from a variety of thought leaders in marketing, technology, and related fields on the Enterprise Irregulars blog, including the likes of Paul Greenberg and Denis Pombriant, whose own blogs are also highlighted in this list.
Three posts we like from Enterprise Irregulars:
R. Ray Wang is the Principal Analyst, Founder, and Chairman of Silicon Valley based Constellation Research, Inc. and author of the popular business strategy blog at Software Insider. The CRM category is chock-full of research, industry event coverage, announcements of upcoming webinars and opportunities, and Wang’s independent expert analysis on all things CRM.
Three posts we like from R. Ray Wang:
- Research Summary: The Correct Way to Use Customer Data
- Tuesday’s Tip: Seven Lessons Learned In Customer Experience Strategies During A Data Breach (such as Target’s)
- Research Summary And Speaker Notes: The Identity Manifesto – Why Identity Is At The Heart of Digital Business
Mike Boysen is passionate about CRM and customer-centricity, and you’ll find ample information on these topics and more at the Effective CRM blog. Boysen calls Effective CRM “the journey to customer-centric innovation.”
Three posts we like from Effective CRM:
- The Customer Process: The Five Things You Need To Know Now
- Are We Ready for Competitive Advantage as a Service?
- Can You Really Drive Sales By Measuring Activities?
Sameer Patel shares his thoughts on accelerating organizational performance and enterprise software at Pretzel Logic. An SVP at SAP Cloud/SuccessFactors, Patel has plenty of real-world experiences from which to share valuable insights on the intersect of technology, marketing, and advertising and how it impacts customer relationships.
Three posts we like from Pretzel Logic:
- The Dollar Shave Club of Everything
- This (Digital) Transformation will be Productized
- Why Human Capital must fuel Digital Transformation
Business analyst, consultant, software analyst, and vetter Dr. Natalie shares her wealth of expertise at Dr. Natalie News. From customer experience management to the customer journey, social media, customer engagement, and more, Dr. Natalie News is a must-read blog for anything and everything customer relationship management.
Three posts we like from Dr. Natalie News:
- Real-time, In-Journey Customer Experience Mapping Provides The Right-time, Real-time Engagement
- Disrupting Digital Business: The Customer Experience Imperative
- What Is a “Fully Engaged Customer”?
The B2B Lead Roundtable Blog, as its name suggests, offers tips and strategies for lead generation and lead development in the B2B sector. Get news and insights on marketing, lead management, nurturing, research, case studies, and more.
Three posts we like from B2B Lead Roundtable Blog:
- 4 Steps to Lead Nurturing: Walking the buying path with your customers
- Inbound Marketing: How a B2B company used a content marketing strategy to improve customer experience
- Customer-centric Marketing: Using metaphors in your B2B strategy
Nick Baggott is a digital marketing trainer, consultant, and speaker who provides strategic marketing and customer relationship management advice to clients. To readers of his blog, Baggott brings links to valuable resources, articles, and thought-provoking opinions on the modern-day customer experience and how companies can make use of tools and tactics to create and nurture profitable customer relationships.
Three posts we like from Nick Baggott’s CRM and Digital Marketing Blog:
- Engagement & the customer experience, some observations…
- What prevents Marketers from spending more on Digital?
- Interview transcript for CMO.com
HubSpot is a leader in inbound marketing solutions, and the HubSpot Blogs provide a portal on all things digital marketing, inbound, relationship management, the customer experience, and more. With topics for marketing, sales, and agencies, there’s something for everyone on the HubSpot Blogs.
Three posts we like from HubSpot Blog:
- Psychology of Ecommerce Sales: The Noble Edge
- How to Create Detailed Buyer Personas for Your Business [Free Persona Template]
- The Biggest Pet Peeves of CRO Experts
A consultant in marketing technology evaluation and analytics, David Raab is the author behind Customer Experience Matrix. The Customer Experience Matrix is a tool used to visualize marketing and operational interactions between a company and its customers. Named for this tool, the Customer Experience Matrix blog shares Raab’s insights from his work and perspectives on shaping the customer experience through the many business-to-customer interactions in the modern climate, the latest technologies and hacks for creating the ideal customer experience, and more.
Three posts we like from Customer Experience Matrix:
- Are 70% of Marketing Automation Users Unhappy? Well, Not Exactly
- suitecx Offers Industrial-Strength Customer Journey Maps and More
- Marketing Technology of the Future: Beyond the Customer Data Platform
CRM Switch aims to reduce the time it takes to get to the right CRM decision by 50 percent or more, and, once the decision is made, helps businesses hit the ground running. CRM Switch covers training opportunities, industry news, marketing, business technology, and other pertinent topics for today’s customer relationship professionals.
Three posts we like from CRM Switch:
- CRM Campaigns vs. Marketing Automation Campaigns
- Have CRM Vendors Gotten Mobile Wrong?
- Tactical vs. Strategic CRM Enhancements
Forrester is a leading independent research firm offering analysis and perspectives from some of the world’s most qualified analysts and thought leaders spanning a variety of marketing and technology sectors. The Forrester blog is home to a wealth of content about customer relationship management and related topics.
Three posts we like from Forrester:
- Get Input From The Right Stakeholders When Creating A Business Case For CRM
- Forrester’s Top CRM Trends For 2015
- Is Your CRM Not Working For You?
Nimble’s smart relationship manager helps you turn your contacts into lifetime customers. The Nimble blog is a wealth of information on customer relationships, contact management, customer experience, and related topics.
Three posts we like from Nimble:
- How to Build Customer Loyalty and Increase Revenue
- How to Corral Your Contacts from the Get-Go – Part 1
- 9 Ways to Better Connect with Your Customers
The Pipeliner CRM Blog is “the winning playbook for sales professionals.” From the sales pipeline to CRM software, the sales process, and the new buyer, Pipeliner CRM Blog covers all the topics you need to master to cultivate lasting customer relationships.
Three posts we like from Pipeliner CRM Blog:
- Dead Is Dead (in Sales and Marketing)
- 6 Creative Ways to Integrate Social Media and Email Marketing
- Use Social Media Intelligence to Start “Golden” Conversations
Get updates on CRM best practices, industry news and technology, and everything you need to know to take your CRM to high-impact level at the High Impact CRM blog from CRMnext.
Three posts we like from High Impact CRM:
- 8 Steps to Profitable Cross Selling Through CRM Solution
- 7 Finest Ingredients for a Happy Customer Experience
- 5 Steps to Identify Customers at Risk & Avoid Churn
Ben Hosking, a.k.a. “Hosk,” is a Dynamics CRM Solutions Architect at NTT DATA U.K. His blog, Hosk’s Dynamic CRM Blog, focuses on Microsoft CRM Dynamics and technical tricks and hacks to get the most out of Microsoft CRM Dynamics. For the technically inclined and coders of the CRM world, this is a blog to read.
Three posts we like from Hosk’s Dynamic CRM Blog:
- Hosk’s Top CRM Articles of the week – 15th May
- Good coding practices – Information hiding
- CRM 2013 – Managed solution problems with out of sync solutions
For Entrepreneurs is your source for all things startup, including getting your first customers, developing customer loyalty, and other tidbits for growing your business. If you’re into growth hacking, SaaS solutions, funding, customer success, and the like, For Entrepreneurs is a blog you should add to your regular reading list.
Three posts we like from For Entrepreneurs:
- Sales Predictability Through Data, Science, and a little bit of Glengarry Glen Ross (The ABC’s of selling)…
- Using Outbound Prospecting to reach highly targeted prospects
- Growth Hacking Free Trials: Time to Wow! is the key to success
John Jantsch is a widely recognized thought leader on all things marketing and the author of the popular Duct Tape Marketing books. The Duct Tape Marketing blog is a companion to the book, expanding on the insights offered in the book with the latest trends and insights on marketing, sales, and customer relationships.
Three posts we like from Duct Tape Marketing:
- How to Use Your Content Platforms to Gain Valuable Customer Insights
- How to Avoid Competing on Price Alone
- 5 Ways to Make Trust Your Most Important Marketing Asset
A small business CRM and project management app, Insightly is a free CRM option for small to mid-size companies. The Insightly blog offers not only product news about the Insightly App but also customer knowledge management, customer relationships, productivity, lead development and nurturing, and more.
Three posts we like from Insightly:
- 4 Ways to Use CRM to Boost Your Business and Brand Reputation
- Get to Know Your Customers’ Communication Preferences
- Increase Your Productivity with a System (and Sleep!)
InMoment is a company offering simple, elegant products and services to help companies listen and engage with customers and improve business results through better customer interactions and experiences. The InMoment blog encompasses customer experience, customer engagement strategy, branding, and more.
Three posts we like from InMoment:
- Are You Interrogating Your Customers?
- Consumers to Brands: We Want to Be a Part of Your Success
- Involved & Enthralled: 5 Ways to Improve Your Engagement Strategy
An international consultancy specializing in Customer Centric Management (CCM) and Customer Experience, Buljan & Partners maintains a blog covering all things Customer Centric Management. You’ll find topics spanning the digital experience, customer satisfaction, strategy, customer service, and more.
Three posts we like from Buljan & Partners:
- The 3 Fs of Digital Experience
- The value of customer-focused talent
- Technology in Customer Centric Organizations: be innovative and competitive
Sydney, Australia-based Genroe has been a driving force in helping companies better understand and generate more value from their existing customers since 2002. The Genroe blog covers data and technology as it relates to the customer experience, customer service, and customer feedback, technology reviews, and other tools and topics to help you maximize customer lifetime value.
Three posts we like from Genroe:
- Want to build trust with your customers? Recommend a competitor.
- Why is More Important than How In Customer Feedback
- New Research: Customer Effort Score Debunked, NPS® Vindicated
New Voice Media helps businesses sell more, serve better, and grow faster. The NewVoiceMedia Blog offers news and views on customer management, customer service, call center tips and strategies, social media, sales, marketing, and all the topics on the minds of today’s business leaders, from a panel of leading experts in every facet of modern business.
Three posts we like from NewVoiceMedia Blog:
- Customer service tool: Consistency
- How to master positive positioning when your callers ‘come in hot’
- Your customer-focused culture – time to renovate and retrofit
Louis Columbus blogs at A Passion for Research, where he shares his passion for customer-driven innovation made possible through social networking and other technologies. The blog emphasizes CRM, cloud computing, ERP, and enterprise software.
Three posts we like from A Passion for Research:
- The Future of Big Data – Pew Internet and American Life Project
- Transforming Customer Relationships and Your Business through Integration: Why Trust Is the New Currency
- 84% Of Enterprises See Big Data Analytics Changing Their Industries’ Competitive Landscapes In The Next Year
A customer intelligence firm specializing in customer retention and growth strategies, Walker helps businesses take their customer relationships to the next level. The Walker blog also features valuable information from experts in the field on customer strategy, customer experience, journey mapping, and more.
Three posts we like from Walker – Customer Strategies:
- Is Your Leadership Supportive of Customer Initiatives?
- Customer Experience Roles of the Future
- The Right Customer Strategy
Maximizer CRM is a comprehensive customer relationship management platform for small and medium-sized businesses. The Maximizer CRM blog covers business and technology, marketing advice, sales strategy, and other news related to customer service, customer experience, business, and technology.
Three posts we like from Maximizer CRM:
- Closing New Sales to Prospects & Customers: 4 Questions to Address
- 5 Strategic Advantages To Using A Mobile Customer Relationship Management Software
- 3 Basic Marketing Metrics Every Business Should Be Measuring
Michael Fauscette is a software industry analyst who shares observations, opinions, and analysis on emerging topics of interest in software, software ecosystems, and emerging software business models and strategies.
Three posts we like from Michael Fauscette:
- Cloud Software and Business Modernization Part Two: Customer Experience
- Social Business Maturity Model, The Next Generation
- Meeting Customer Expectations (Video)
Dick Wooden helps businesses implement customer relationship management strategies, sharing his best insights and tips on the Success with CRM blog. From technical tips on getting the most from your CRM application to which applications to choose, Success with CRM is a great blog for businesses in the decision-making process.
Three posts we like from Success with CRM:
- Business Intelligence Made Easier with Infor CRM Advanced Analytics
- The Only Way to Save Your CRM from Failure
- Harness Technology for Better Selling with Infor CRM
Stay in Front is a global provider of enterprise-wide customer relationship management software, mobile sales force effectiveness, and on-demand CRM. Naturally, the blog encompasses all of these areas, including sales strategy, best practices in customer relationship management, and other relevant industry news and analysis.
Three posts we like from Stay in Front:
- Are you getting value for your trade marketing dollars?
- Best Practices: The Benefits of Integrating Expense Management and Customer Relationship Management
- Beating the Clock: Relationship Management, Sales Planning, & Physicians
A simple, effective way to get more from your network, Contactually helps users turn relationships into results. Sales, signups, referrals, recommendations, and more, Contactually can help you derive more value and get what you need most from your contacts. The Contactually blog covers lead nurturing, relationship management, networking, productivity, and every topic on the minds of today’s customer relationship and customer experience professionals.
Three posts we like from Contactually:
- 5 Ways to Achieve Inbox Zero without Negatively Impacting Your Relationships
- The Compounding Interest on Business Relationships
- How I Build Relationships: 5 Ways to Draw Connections Starting With French Fries