Big Data has been helping marketers target customers with more accuracy and detail than anyone thought possible just a few years ago. No longer do marketers need to rely on direct mail campaigns or newsletter subscribers, because Big Data delivers insight into nearly any aspect of a customer, from time spent on websites, to brand preferences, to purchasing history. Big Data gives the comprehensive picture of customers that marketers had been craving.
But, there are several ways to use Big Data for marketing. And, there is such a vast amount of Big Data available that marketers may still be unsure of exactly how to harness it and optimize their use of it. That’s why we’ve searched for some of the best Big Data marketing blogs available. We look to industry leaders, top marketers, and Big Data experts who share their experience, tips, and strategies for using Big Data for marketing. Their blogs have the insight you need to make Big Data marketing work for you. Please note, we have listed our top 50 Big Data marketing blogs here, in no particular order.
1. Gartner Digital Marketing Blog
Gartner is a trusted source of technology-related insight. They seek to give their clients the information and data they need “to make the right decisions, every day.” That’s why marketers turn to Gartner’s Digital Marketing Blog to get insight from their Big Data marketing experts.
Three posts we like from Gartner Digital Marketing Blog:
- CX and LTV are Like PB and J
- The Evolution of Marketing Measurement
- The Subscription Economy is Elevating LTV
Experfy is based in The Harvard Innovation Launch Lab and deals in Big Data, analytics, and business intelligence (BI). Their Big Data Blog, Experfy Insights, offers several posts in customer and marketing analytics, data science, and Big Data, making it a comprehensive Big Data marketing resource.
Three posts we like from Experfy Insights:
- Why Competitive Intelligence Needs its Own Wargame Now
- Marketing Analytics and Content Marketing
- How CMOs Can Use Big Data Analytics to Drive Profits
3. Acxiom Perspectives
Acxiom, an enterprise data, analytics, and SaaS company, seeks to solidify business relationships. Their Big Data marketing blog, Acxiom Perspectives, provides insights from their experts on topics ranging from marketing, business, and Big Data.
Three posts we like from Acxiom Perspectives:
- Are You Marketing to Channels or Customers?
- Defining ‘Sensitive’ in World of Consumer Data
- Is There Personality in Big Data?
4. EMC Big Data Blog
EMC is on a mission to help organizations successfully become data driven. The EMC Big Data Blog, therefore, covers all things Big Data, from data scientists to analytics, to Big Data in marketing and sales.
Three posts we like from EMC Big Data Blog:
- Big Data Brings Sales and Marketing Closer Together
- Innovating the Marketing Process With a Data Lake
- When Big Data Becomes More Valuable Than Your Products/Services
5. The BloomReach Blog
BloomReach works to drive traffic and revenues with Big Data by capturing online demand across channels with relevant user experiences. Their Big Data marketing blog shares strategies and thought leadership on marketing, Big Data, and other related topics.
Three posts we like from The BloomReach Blog:
- Short Take: Retailers Missing a Chance to Connect With Consumers on Back-to-School
- Secret to Holiday Retailing Success: Accessible and Actionable Data
- The Customer Experience Spans In-Store and Online Shopping
6. Marketing Land – Analytics & Conversion
Geared toward internet marketing, Marketing Land covers every aspect of digital marketing. The Anaytics & Conversion section of the blog is the heart of their Big Data marketing content, and it includes news, tips, and trends for Big Data marketers.
Three posts we like from Marketing Land – Analytics & Conversion:
- To Optimize Conversions, Focus On Everything That Happens Before
- The Biases In Online Marketing That Drive Crazy Decisions
- Big Data Makes for Better Outbound Marketing
7. VentureBeat – Marketing
VentureBeat is a trusted source of tech business news. Their blog is a top Big Data marking resource because it covers the latest news in Big Data marketing and analytics, from data sources to data visualization that are helpful in Big Data marketing.
Three posts we like from VentureBeat – Marketing:
- Quixey Unveils Dynamic Ad Cards That Pull Data From Apps
- Getting the Most Out of Your Marketing Stack By Unifying Data Sources
- New VB Insight Research Shows Web Personalization Is Not Just For Amazon
8. AdvertisingAge – Data
A leading source of news, intelligence, and discussion centering on marketing and media, AdvertisingAge – Data is a go-to source for Big Data marketing. The blog features success stories, strategies, and the latest news about Big Data marketing.
Three posts we like from AdvertisingAge – Data:
- How Data Convinced West Virginia to Triple Its Tourism Budget
- Acxiom Links Consumer Data Across Devices and Stores for Kellogg’s and Others
- Internet of Toothbrushes: Sonicare Pipes Data Back to Philips
9. Harvard Business Review – Analytics
Harvard Business Review – Analytics is a part of Harvard Business Publishing, a not-for-profit, wholly-owned subsidiary of Harvard University, reporting into Harvard Business School. Their missing is to improve management practices, and and their blog shares magazine articles to that end. Specifically, their Analytics section is a Big Data marketing resource full of strategy, data, and analytics-related posts.
Three posts we like from Harvard Business Review – Analytics:
- Data Is the Next Big Thing in Content Marketing
- Competing on Analytics
- Making Advanced Analytics Work for You
10. Multi-Channel Merchant
Multi-Channel Merchant focuses on eCommerce, operations, fulfillment, and marketing. Their data and analytics posts form a treasure trove of Big Data marketing information, covering consumer data, personalizing the customer experience, and more.
Three posts we like from Multi-Channel Merchant:
- 4 Tips for Identifying the Most Profitable Lead Sources
- Using Big Data to a Customer’s Personal Advantage
- Predictive Technology Drives Evolution of Big Data
CrownPeak makes it easier for marketers and agencies to provide excellent customer experiences. Their blog features articles about customer experiences, data-driven marketing, content marketing, and other topics of importance to Big Data marketing.
Three posts we like from CrownPeak:
- Don’t Fall Behind in the Race to Personalization!
- Six Ways to Have Big Data Work for You
- Improving Portal Digital Experiences through Personalization
12. Marketing Science Institute
Marketing Science Institute (MSI) is involved in research and insights relating to marketing practices. A nonprofit, member-based organization, MSI seeks “to bring the best of science to the complex world of marketing.” MSI features Big Data marketing topics and explores whether customer experience is being shaped more by software engineers than marketers.
Three posts we like from Marketing Science Institute:
- Using Forums and Search for Sales Prediction of High-Involvement Products
- The Dos and Don’ts of Big Data (video)
- Market-Making with Personal Data (video)
13. McKinsey & Company – Insights & Publications
McKinsey & Company has been advising leading businesses, governments, and institutions for nearly 100 years. Their Insights & Publications provides a wealth of information for management practices, sales, and marketing, all looking to improve performance. McKinsey & Company’s Big Data marketing posts feature marketing strategies, proven practices, and more.
Three posts we like from McKinsey & Company – Insights & Publications:
- Getting a Sharper Picture of Social Media’s Influence
- Power to the New People Analytics
- Do You Really Understand How Your Business Customers Buy?
14. Entrepreneur – Big Data
Entrepreneur specifically serves the entrepreneur community by offering inspiration and information regarding business practices, management practices, and best practices. Their Big Data blog specifically covers data-driven marketing and Big Data issues, challenges, and strategies.
Three posts we like from:
- 7 Startups That Are Owning the Data Game
- How Learning Where Shoppers Browse Online Helps Businesses Make the Sale
- How to Use Your Endless Stream of Big Data as an Asset
CIO – Big Data is a resource featuring Big Data news, analysis, research, and more. Big Data marketing is a hot topic covered by CIO – Big Data, and their posts cover Big Data marketing for a number of industries.
Three posts we like from CIO – Big Data:
- Data Analytics Are “Gold” For Pharmaceutical Distributor
- All Your Big Data Will Mean Nothing Without Systems of Insight
- Big Data Projects Gaining Steam, But Not Due to the CIO
16. Chief Marketer – Consumer Marketing – Data Analytics
Chief Markter is a comprehensive source of information for all things marketing. Written by marketing experts and thought leaders, their Big Data marketing posts share specific cases of Big Data marketing strategies and successes, plus tips and guides for Big Data marketers.
Three posts we like from Chief Marketer – Consumer Marketing – Data Analytics:
- Turning the Big Data Headache Into Big Rewards
- Data Helps Kraft Cook up a Segmented Content Strategy
- How to Transform Your Customer Engagement Strategy
17. Digital Content Next
Digital Content Next (DCN) is a trade association representing digital content companies that manage direct relationships with consumers and marketers. Their blog features research and insights “on current and emerging industry” and includes multiple Big Data marketing articles that are especially informative because of the research and insights they contain.
Three posts we like from Digital Content Next:
- Building Consumer Trust In Digital Brands
- Data Key to Digital Ad Revenues
- Do Millenials Consume Content, Ads and Shop Differently?
18. ClickZ – Analytics
ClickZ, “the original digital marketing rag and still the best,” features an Analytics section that explores measuring and optimizing marketing initiatives and highlights. Big Data marketing is an extremely important part of ClickZ – Analytics, and the experts thoroughly examine it and related topics.
Three posts we like from ClickZ – Analytics:
- Using Social Listening for Integrated Insights
- Real-Time Analytics: What Is It Good For?
- Cross-Device Data Analytics for Chinese Websites
Marketers use Turn to make better decisions and to launch more successful cross-channel campaigns. The Turn Blog delivers posts that explore how Big Data helps marketers to make even smarter decisions and launch even more successful campaigns.
Three posts we like from Turn Blog:
- Marketing Art and Science, ’til Death Do They Part
- From Click to Cash Register – Translating Online Data to Offline Sales
- Redefine Your Media Plan for Today’s Perpetually Connected Consumer
20. Marketing Week – Data & Analytics
Marketing Week Magazine is a trusted source for news and insights into marketing. Their Data & Analytics section includes case studies, news, and tips for common Big Data marketing challenges.
Three posts we like from Marketing Week – Data & Analytics:
- Marketers Are Better Integrating Social Media Despite Struggling to Measure Results
- Is Behavioral Data Killing Off Demographics?
- The Data That’s Driving Programmatic Buying
MultiView is a creative provider of marketing solutions for B2B partners and clients. They offer articles from B2B digital marketing experts who have extensive experience and knowledge relating to Big Data marketing.
Three posts we like from MultiView:
- Behavioral Marketing: How Does It Work?
- Big Data: Top 5 Ways It’s Revolutionizing Marketing
- Metrics Is the Name of the Game: Tracking Your Website’s Success
22. CMSWire – Big Data
A leading B2B publication, CMSWire covers digital customer experience, collaboration, and information management. CMSWire’s Big Data articles offer Big Data marketing strategies, tips, and case studies to help you get a better handle on your own Big Data marketing plan.
Three posts we like from CMSWire – Big Data:
- SAP: Pull More Value From Your Data
- Ex-Axciom CEO Talks Life and Data
- The Big Data Gray Area: Dos and Don’ts
insideBIGDATA focuses on the predictive analytics that inform IT and business. With several Big Data marketing articles and resources, insideBIGDATA provides a wealth of information for anyone looking to learn more about or better use Big Data marketing strategies.
Three posts we like from insideBIGDATA:
- Unlocking the Promise of Big Data for Marketing in Five Steps
- Data Swamp or Data Lake? Five Key Questions Before You Dive In
- Investing in a Data Lake? Shore Up the Big Data Gateway
Tnooz is a top source of travel technology news and views, and their Marketing category is a robust Big Data marketing resource for the travel sector. Airlines, hotels, hospitality, and other related industries will benefit from the Big Data marketing expertise Tnooz shares.
Three posts we like from Tnooz – Marketing:
- Beyond the Basics – Making Big Data a Bigger Deal for Hotels
- Big Data? How Some Airlines Are Making a Big Deal Out of Yours
- How to Execute on Data-Driven Travel Marketing
eMetrics has been the destination for marketers, analysts, and business intelligence experts for more than 10 years. Their Big Data marketing blog is dedicated to tips, strategies, and insights to help you optimize your Big Data marketing game.
Three posts we like from eMetrics:
- Three Quick Tips to Using Google Analytics Effectively
- Treat Your Data as an Asset
- Analyzing the Time You Spend Analyzing
An online trade journal, DATAVERSITY delivers a blog featuring enterprise leaders who have a wealth of information about data management and Big Data marketing. Improve your Big Data marketing strategy with the insights and expertise found at DATAVERSITY.
Three posts we like from DATAVERSITY:
- Outdoing the Competition with a Big Data Marketing Strategy
- Big Data Marketing: Asking the Right Questions
- Big Data Insights for Marketing and Technology Teams
27. MarketingProfs – Big Data
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, in an effort to combat “mediocrity in content.” Their Big Data marketing articles are among some of the best on the internet, making MarketingProfs – Big Data a top Big Data marketing blog. *Please note, a free membership is required to read the articles in full.
Three posts we like from MarketingProfs – Big Data:
- The Biggest Digital Marketing Opportunities of 2015
- Seven Ways to Get Ready for the Big Data of the Future
- Three Things Digital-Savvy CMOs Are Doing Different
28. Millward Brown Digital
Millward Brown Digital helps clients grow their brands by determining whether they are “getting digital right or getting marketing wrong.” Their Big Data marketing blog shares their digital marketing expertise and includes posts covering strategy, consumer-centric marketing, consumer behavior, Big Data, and more.
Three posts we like from Millward Brown Digital:
- Getting Digital Right: Maximizing Opportunities with Big Data
- While Digital Evolves, Marketers Challenged with Navigating Big Data, Measuring ROI
- Digital Dialogue: Consumer-Focus to Consumer-Control
29. Computerworld – Big Data
Computerworld recognizes that technology and data are the key to gaining a business advantage because they inform decision makers and influencers. Their blog features Big Data marketing news and trends, along with analysis and practical advice, so that those decision makers and influencers have the sources of information they need to better utilize Big Data marketing strategies and techniques.
Three posts we like from Computerworld – Big Data:
- Fit the Chart to the Story, Not the Data
- Bring Your Company’s ‘Dark Data’ to Light with This Free New Tool From Tamr
- With Looker’s Lego-Style Analytics, Companies Snap Together the Components They Need
30. CloudTweaks – Big Data
CloudTweaks is considered an authority in cloud computing information. Their Big Data blog features articles from their expert writers, plus those from consultants, CEOs, CIOs, technology bloggers, and others who have expertise in Big data and Big Data marketing.
Three posts we like from CloudTweaks – Big Data:
- Explosive Growth of Data-Driven Marketing
- Cloud Infographic: Smart Data and Sports
- Digital Marketing Driven By Cloud, Big Data, and IoT
31. Data Informed
The enterprise turns to Data Informed for the latest information and news on Big Data and analytics. Their blog features Big Data marketing insights and news from industry leaders and experts.
Three posts we like from Data Informed:
- For Marketing, Big Data Has No Value Without ‘Big Measurement’
- Big Data and Market Research Myths and Missteps
- Predictive Analytics Takes B2B Marketing from Good to Great
MaxPoint delivers a business intelligence and digital marketing solution to national brands seeking to drive local, in-store sales. OnPoint, their marketing blog, covers all of the Big Data marketing tips and insights you need to strengthen your Big Data marketing strategy.
Three posts we like from MaxPoint:
- What’s the Next Big Thing in the Viewability Discussion?
- Predicting the Winners of Hispanic Auto Advertising
- 4 Ways to Design a Winning Seasonal Program
33. Digital Strategy
Digital Strategy provides digital marketing, SEO, and eBusiness consultancy services. Their Knowledge Hub serves as a blog and offers articles on Big Data marketing tips, insights, and more from their top thought leaders and experts.
Three posts we like from Digital Strategy:
- How to Remove Referral Spam from your Google Analytics Data Using Advanced Segments
- How to Run Successful Facebook Campaigns – Engagement Versus Likes
- Big Data for Marketers – How Your Decision Making Process is Changing
34. Decision Insight
Decision Insight provides “shopper centric retail forward market research.” Articles highlighting Big Data marketing strategies and best practices are featured in their marketing blog, making it a sound Big Data marketing resource.
Three posts we like from Decision Insight:
- Big Data and Persona Marketing … Connecting the Dots from Macro- to Micro-Level
- Today’s Retail Conundrum
- Are You Ready? Digital Share of CPG Sales Projected to Skyrocket
35. CustomerThink – Customer Analytics
CustomerThink is a leader in customer-centric business management. Customer analytics and Big Data marketing are prominent topics in the Customer Think blog, and their experts share important Big Data marketing tips and news.
Three posts we like from CustomerThink – Customer Analytics:
- Do You Really Know Your Customers? 4 Out of 5 Consumers Say No!
- Customer Experience: Beware the Data Trap
- Orchestrating Your Big Data Customer Journey
The mission of Domo is to simplify dashboards, reporting tools, and analytics so that businesses can spend more time taking action based on their data instead of analyzing the data and determining which actions to take. The experts at Domo share their insights and Big Data marketing solutions on Domosphere.
Three posts we like from Domosphere:
- 8 Reasons Why Data Science is So Hot Right Now
- Slogging Through Data? You’re Not Alone.
- The Need for Big Data-Fueled Marketing BI
37. Key Web Metrics
A leader in analytics, marketing, and the Cloud, Sameer Khan is a Big Data influencer on the web, an author, and a keynote speaker. His expertise in analytics and Big Data marketing is evident in his Big Data marketing blog, Key Web Metrics.
Three posts we like from Key Web Metrics:
- 6 Steps to Big Data Success for Digital Marketers [Video+PPT+Transcript]
- 10 Unique Ways to Apply Data Science to Digital Marketing – Part 1
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective Digital Marketers
Digital marketing evangelist and Big Data marketing expert Avinash Kaushik shares his expertise on is blog, Occam’s Razor. His posts read more like a comprehensive Big Data marketing book than individual posts, which results in a thorough look into Big Data strategy for the reader.
Three posts we like from Occam’s Razor:
- Great Storytelling With Data: Visualize Simply and Focus Obsessively
- Speed, Focus, Smart Insights: 5 Google Analytics Custom Reports FTW!
- See, Think, Do, Care Winning Combo: Content + Marketing + Measurement!
39. TechRepublic – Big Data Analytics
Tech Republic’s Big Data Analytics blog features best practices and tips for companies that want to obtain insights from their data. The blog also shares strategies for utilizing data from the internet. This Big Data marketing blog seeks to help readers harness their data to be more empowered and successful.
Three posts we like from TechRepublic – Big Data Analytics:
- Build Big Data Adaptability Through Rapid Experimentation
- Write Actionable, User-Specific Big Data Reports
- Legendary Stories Are Central to Big Data Success
reportbrain processes Big Data by monitoring news and drilling down analytics to deliver reports that businesses use to make insightful decisions. The reportbrain blog is a Big Data marketing blog that delivers tips and insights to help businesses with their Big Data marketing strategy so they are able to make more informed business decisions.
Three posts we like from reportbrain:
- News Monitoring: Tracking What the Media is Saying About Your Brand
- Studies Show Investing in Analytics Means a ROI of $13.01 for Every Dollar Spent
- How Small Business Can Use Big Data Analytics for Marketing Insight
AnalyticsWeek is driven by Big Data analytics enthusiasts who seek to bring “data analytics science to the 99%.” Their blog serves as a Big Data marketing blog with features about analytics, Big Data, business intelligence, and more.
Three posts we like from AnalyticsWeek:
- 4 Ways Big Data Will Change Every Business
- Why Your Company’s Big Data Is Not Nearly Fast Enough
- 5 Steps Required to Building a Best Practice Digital Analytics Function
42. GreenBook Blog – Big Data
GreenBook is a guide for buyers of market research. It provides insights and research for marketers. The GreenBook Blog – Big Data covers analytics, customer behavior, data for customer intelligence, and more, making it a robust resource for Big Data marketing.
Three posts we like from GreenBook Blog – Big Data:
- Envisioning 2025: Five Technology Changes That Will Reshape Customer Behavior and What They Mean for Customer Intelligence
- Visuals Are the New Language of Consumers and Market Research
- Improving Insight Skills, Status, and Impact
43. Business Analytics 3.0
Business Analytics 3.0 is a blog geared toward decision makers and managers who need to navigate their data to make better decisions. As a Big Data marketing blog, Business Analytics 3.0 offers a range of Big Data marketing topics, including data visualization, Big Data analytics use cases, data science, and more.
Three posts we like from Business Analytics 3.0:
- Customer Journey Analytics and Data Science
- Data/BI/Analytics Evolution @ Netflix
- Market Sizing – Business Analytics and Big Data
44. BusinessOnline – Big Data
BusinessOnline is a digital agency that seeks to build relationships between businesses and customers. They espouse the merits of digital marketing, and their blog features articles by Big Data marketing experts that cover tips and strategies for succeeding with sound Big Data marketing strategy.
Three posts we like from BusinessOnline:
- Winning with Big Data – Drive Marketing ROI Across All Channels and Campaigns
- How Do I Act On All This Data?
- What’s the Big Deal with Big Data?
45. Online Marketing Institute – Marketing Technology
The Online Marketing Institute (OMI) is an online marketing resource offering tutorials on social media and digital marketing. Designed for marketers, OMI also features a blog that shares expertise and insights on Big Data marketing.
Three posts we like from Online Marketing Institute – Marketing Technology:
- Excuse Me, Your Data is Showing
- 3 Macro Trends Driving Massive Growth for Digital Coaches
- How to Leverage Consumer Data to Nurture Customer Relationships
Tom Fishburne is the Marketoonist and founder of Marketoon Studios. He combines marketing and cartoons to help businesses of all sizes extend their shareable media and reach their audiences with cartoons. An unconventional Big Data marketing blog, Marketoonist demonstrates the power of visual storytelling in marketing.
Three posts we like from Marketoonist:
47. McKinsey on Marketing & Sales
McKinsey on Marketing & Sales is just one of the blogs from McKinsey & Company, a business management and marketing consulting firm that advises leading businesses and institutions and governments on a global scale. Specifically, McKinsey on Marketing & Sales seeks to help their clients “deliver above-market growth,” and their blog addresses all things marketing, including Big Data marketing and analytics.
Three posts we like from McKinsey on Marketing & Sales:
- ‘Transformer in Chief’: The New Chief Digital Officer
- Wired for Impact: The What and the When of Effective Marketing
- How to Get the Most From Big Data
Webtrends offers “everything you need to create great digital experiences for every customer.” Their Big Data marketing blog offers tips and suggestions to help marketers and brands make connections.
Three posts we like from Webtrends:
- The Difference Between Digital Analytics and Digital Marketing Analytics – And Why It Matters
- The Path to Personalization: Three Trends Shaping the Next Generation of Marketing
- The Path to Personalization: What Stands in the Way of Marketers?
49. Information Management – Big Data & Analytics
A leading online resource for business and IT professionals, Information Management features Big Data and analytics posts that are a great help for Big Data marketing. The articles cover Big Data marketing strategy, tips, and insights.
Three posts we like from Information Management – Big Data & Analytics:
- How Data Scientists May Revolutionize SMB IT Market
- 10 Phrases That Kill Big Data Projects
- Data Governance and Data Management Are Not Interchangeable
50. MarketingTech Blog – Analytics & Testing
Marketing Tech Blog covers SEO, inbound marketing, conversion optimization, email marketing, social media, mobile marketing, blogging, and analytics. Their Analytics & Testing section of the blog is specifically about marketing technology in terms of analytics, monitoring, and personalization, among other topics of importance to Big Data marketing.
Three posts we like from MarketingTech Blog – Analytics & Testing: