A personalized, engaging customer experience is critical for the success of any marketing initiative in the modern landscape. Big Data and analytics enable marketers to formulate these enriched experiences for more effective lead generation, nurturing, and eventually conversion as prospects reach the end of the buyer’s journey.
Creating amazing customer experiences is at the top of the priority list for many marketers, a necessity for staying ahead of the competition in today’s highly competitive landscape in many industries. In short, it’s the businesses that knock it out of the park with customer experience management that lead the pack in their respective industries.
With the abundance of information on Big Data, analytics, predictive modeling, and the many other technologies that enable stellar customer experience management, it’s tough to filter through the noise and identify the most valuable blogs and resources to help you navigate the process of creating great customer experiences. We’ve searched the far corners of the web to identify 50 of the most comprehensive, informative, and valuable blogs with up-to-date, spot-on information and research about customer experience management. Listed in no particular order of importance, the following 50 blogs are must-reads for any marketer who wants to deliver an amazing customer experience.
The PeopleMetrics Customer Experience Knowledge Blog is just as its name suggests: a wealth of knowledge about customer experience. Encompassing everything from creating a customer-centric culture within your organization to customer feedback and building an effective customer experience strategy.
Three posts we like from PeopleMetrics:
- Customer-Centric Cultures Don’t Just Happen
- Meet Your Customer Experience Goals: A Four-Step Guide
- Four Cool Ways to Cement Customer Trust
Take Their Breath Away is a blog managed by John R. Patterson and Chip Bell, accompanying a book by the same title. Chip Bell has helped many Fortune 100 companies improve their bottom lines through effective customer experience strategies, while John Patterson, President of Progressive Insights, a CBG alliance firm in Atlanta, helps organizations manage complex culture change built around customer and employee loyalty through his consulting firm. Patterson has authored several books on related topics.
Three posts we like from Take Their Breath Away:
- Connecting With Today’s Wired & Dangerous Customers
- Innovative Service: Delivering Service That Creates Customer Advocates
- Innovative Service: Customer Connections For Great Experiences!
Valeria Maltoni, strategist, linguist, and author, designs service and product experiences to help businesses rediscover the value of promises and its effect on relationships and culture. A major advocate of customer-centric businesses, Maltoni shares her wealth of knowledge from her rich history of building prominent global businesses, negotiating international joint ventures, building communities, and more, with readers through Conversation Agent.
Three posts we like from Conversation Agent:
Susan Abbott is a specialist in customer experience, insight, and innovation. The Customer Crossroads blog is focused on customer experience management, marketing, marketing research, driving human behavior, change management, trends, and a whole host of topics related to the broad area of customer experience.
Three posts we like from Customer Crossroads:
- My credit card just sold my so-called relationship
- Should you turn simple transactions into sales opportunities? Yes, but there are rules.
- We aren’t doing a very good job at marketing to the brain
Customer Experience Matters is the brain-child of Bruce Temkin, who also runs the Temkin Group, a leading customer experience research and consulting firm. From resources for employee engagement, Voice-of-Customer, and more, to hands-on customer experience workshops and an informative blog with up-to-date information on everything customer experience, Customer Experience Matters is a robust resource for creating great customer experiences.
Three posts we like from Customer Experience Matters:
- Report: Lessons in CX Excellence, 2015
- 8 CX Trends for 2015 (The Year of the Employee)
- Report: Benchmarking Your CX Organization
Lynn Hunsaker is a seasoned customer experience leader well-versed in the challenges organizations face when implementing customer experience strategies. Her consulting firm ClearAction CX, aids companies in achieving business results through customer experience management through insights, frameworks, and expert guidance. The ClearAction CX blog encompasses everything from customer experience vision to key metrics, benchmarking, best practices, and more.
Three posts we like from ClearAction CX:
- Customer Experience Enablement: An Example from GE
- Customer Experience Strategy: Do This, Not That
- Customer Experience Innovation Creates Mutual Value
Beyond Philosophy was founded in 2002 by customer experience author and thought leader Colin Shaw. The company provides strategic consulting services, customer research, training, and education, and has also published several leading books on customer experience. The Beyond Philosophy blog reflects on news stories through the customer experience lens, offers insights on persuasion, marketing, and all things customer experience.
Three posts we like from Beyond Philosophy:
- The Six Most Dreaded Words in Customer Experience
- Philosophies to Improve Your Customer Experience in 2015
- As the Economy Gets Better, Customer Experience Gets Worse
360 Connext helps companies navigate growing pains and overcome obstacles when it comes to customer experience management. The 360 Connext blog is a wealth of information on customer experience, with insights into the customer journey, social customer service, loyalty, leading customer experience change, and more.
Three posts we like from 360 Connext:
- The Right Employees OWN the Customer Experience
- The Road to Customer Frustration is Paved with Good Intentions
- 10 Must-Reads for a Better Customer Experience in 2015
Forrester’s Blog for Customer Experience Professionals is authored by a panel of analysts and experts in customer experience management, covering a variety of topics such as Voice of the Customer, customer-centric culture, customer experience strategy, and more.
Three posts we like from Forrester – Blog for Customer Experience Professionals:
- The Customer Experience Curriculum
- There is a secret to better CX metrics: Journey mapping
- The Cloud Will Drive Agility Into Your Customer Experience Ecosystem
MyCustomer’s Customer Experience Best Practices Blog helps businesses navigate the challenges of implementing effective customer experience strategies, such as aligning enterprise-wide efforts and developing a comprehensive understanding of the customer’s world.
Three posts we like from Customer Experience Best Practices:
- Customer Experience Management Means Doing the Whole Job
- State of Business-to-Business Customer Experience Management
- Missing! Systems Thinking for Customer Experience Business Results
Shep Hyken is a customer service expert, speaker, and author who helps businesses deliver amazing customer service and exceptional customer experiences. Shep Hyken’s Customer Service Blog focuses on all aspects of customer service and customer experience management, offering key insights from Hyken’s wealth of experiences and expertise.
Three posts we like from Shep Hyken:
- Guest Blog: Where the Customer Experience and Customer Service Skills Intersect
- She Lied to Me: A Great Customer Service Experience Turns Ugly
- 15 Customer Service Tips for 2015
Smith+Co is a consultancy founded in 2002, offering specialized expertise surrounding customer experience through a simple, practical, and engaging approach. Several authors contribute to the CX Talk blog, providing insights from a variety of perspectives to help businesses navigate the customer experience.
Three posts we like from Smith Consultancy – CX Talk:
- What can quantum theory teach us about customer experience?
- What’s the next big thing in customer experience?
- So what are the the top 10 most irritating things about your customer experience?
Capgemini Consulting specializes in advising and supporting enterprises in significant transformation, aiding in every step of the process from strategy to execution and results. With an emphasis on digital transformation, The Capgemini Consulting Customer Experience Blog covers customer experience through the lens of mobile, omni-channel, social networking, and all the facets that impact customer experiences in the digital landscape.
Three posts we like from Capgemini Consulting Customer Experience Blog:
- The real essence of Customer Relationship Management
- Augmented and Virtual: The new realities for Customer Experience
- Making mobile work to improve your customer experience
Bill Quiseng is an award-winning writer and blogger covering customer service for front-line associates and customer service leadership for managers. Quiseng brings more than three decades of experience in luxury resort/club management to the table, offering insights for improving customer service based on his vast experiences.
Three posts we like from Bill Quiseng:
- Nick Goss: How the Customer’s Experience is impacted by ‘good intentions’
- 5 Tips on Building Customer Relationships
- Shep Hyken: Trust Enhances Employee and Customer Experience
John DiJulius is an international customer experience consultant and author of two books on the topic. A successful entrepreneur, DiJulius has launched two businesses and strives to enable companies to provide exceptional customer experiences to boost results. His consultancy, The DiJulius Group, maintains The Customer Experience Blog to provide up-to-date, relevant insights for companies navigating the challenging waters of customer experience management.
Three posts we like from The DiJulius Group:
- The Six Components of a Customer’s Experience
- Creating Inspired Moments in Each Customer’s Day
- Cell Phones are to Blame for Restaurants’ Slow Service; The Experience Economy
Adrian Swinscoe is a champion of businesses that do amazing things for their customers. For two decades, Swinscoe has been sharing customer experience knowledge with companies through consulting, writing, speaking, and training services. Gain valuable insights into Swinscoe’s expertise through his blog, which offers stories of exceptional customer experiences as well as not-so-great examples of stellar service, tips for understanding your customers, customer culture and retention, and more.
Three posts we like from Adrian Swinscoe:
- Customer experience, self service and the wrong type of apologies
- Are your mental models getting in the way of improving your customer experience?
- What’s your brand’s customer service persona?
Nunwood is a consulting firm specializing in customer insight and experience management, spanning customer experience strategy, journey mapping, Voice of the Customer, customer experience analytics, and experience management technology and training. Nunwood’s Customer Experience Management Blog provides key insights, reports, and valuable expertise encompassing every facet of customer experience.
Three posts we like from Nunwood Customer Experience Management Blog:
- Lush vs. The Body Shop – Why retail customer experience management is essential for customer experience excellence
- Why it’s imperative brands have a Voice of the Customer programme
- Why customer experience measurement keeps Amazon ahead of the game
A self-service engagement platform that delivers an individualized customer experience across the multitude of screens and touch points that exist throughout the buyer’s journey in the modern landscape, Nanorep helps companies streamline the customer experience. The Nanorep blog covers trends, strategies, and technologies to help online retailers maximize the customer experience to boost results.
Three posts we like from Nanorep:
- VIDEO – Thinking is Bad, Drive Customer Loyalty by Simplifying Your Service Experience
- How to Increase Conversion With Customer Service Experience
- The Omni-Channel Retail Customer Experience & Customer Service
Mike Wittenstein helps companies solve problems, beginning with the customer experience. For more than 20 years, his services have focused on human-centric design, which is proven to multiply the return to a company in all areas. Wittenstein shares his unique perspectives, experiences, and insights with readers through his blog, which covers customer experience strategy, customer experience design, customer loyalty, customer engagement, and a variety of related subjects.
Three posts we like from Mike Wittenstein:
- Intelligent Experiences: Where CX Meets Tech
- The 2015 Customer Experience Outlook
- VoC Programs to Improve Customer Experience
David Raab, Principal at Raab Associates Inc., is a consultant in marketing technology evaluation and analytics who has written hundreds of articles for major industry publications. The Customer Experience Matrix blog is named after a tool used to visualize marketing and operational interactions between a company and its customers, covering marketing automation, marketing data, and other topics.
Three posts we like from Customer Experience Matrix:
- BlueConic User-Driven Marketing Maturity Model: Surprises on the Road to Customer-Centric Marketing
- Sailthru Offers End-to-End Omnichannel Personalization for B2C Marketers
- New Frontiers in Data Driven Marketing
Customer Experience IQ provides detailed insights into customer experience through automated analysis of online reviews and surveys. The Customer Experience IQ blog encompasses a variety of customer experience topics, ranging from market intelligence and market research to customer support and customer intelligence.
Three posts we like from Customer Experience IQ:
- Is it Wise to Ignore Correlations Between Customer Experience and Creation of Wealth?
- Two major threats to superior customer experience
- Top 5 Warnings to Customer Experience Marketers
ForeSee is a customer experience analytics platform, measuring satisfaction with the customer experience and delivering powerful insights on where organizations should prioritize improvements for maximum impact. A robust panel of expert authors contribute to the ForeSee blog, offering insights on customer satisfaction, customer engagement, analytics, trends, integrating stellar customer experiences in the digital world, and much more.
Three posts we like from ForeSee:
- Digital Government: Making Customer Experience a Priority
- What B2B Companies Can Learn from the B2C Customer Experience
- Another Day, Another Customer Experience Metric
Customer Experience Partners offers a wealth of expertise in advertising, academia, direct marketing, marketing research, and customer retention, through which the company bases its approach to helping clients optimize their customer experience management initiatives. The Customer Experience Partners blog covers the latest developments in customer experience and chronicles challenges and solutions in customer experience management.
Three posts we like from Customer Experience Partners:
- A Final Word About ‘Firing’ Customers
- Do Satisfied Customers Still Tell Others They Love Your Brand?
- The Five Most Powerful, Yet Seldom Heard Words in Customer Relationship Management
Jackie Huba, a keynote speaker, Forbes.com contributor, and author of three books on customer loyalty, consults with some of the world’s largest enterprises to help them foster strong customer loyalty. She writes on customer loyalty, word-of-mouth marketing, and other insights from her ongoing work helping brands create amazing customer experiences.
Three posts we like from Jackie Huba:
- Watch my Q&A webcast on Monster Loyalty with Lithium CEO Katy Keim
- STUDY: Outstanding customer service = more $$ and more word of mouth
- Lessons from the hotel that fines customers $500 for negative online reviews
CustomerThink is the global thought leader in customer-centric business management, featuring an abundance of articles and resources for business leaders and marketers from a variety of expert contributors.
Three posts we like from CustomerThink:
- Five Customer Experience Milestones on Your Journey to Digital Transformation
- Challenges of Understanding the Customer Journey End-to-End
- Customer Experience Management and Role of Employees
Kerry Bodine, author and independent customer experience consultant with expertise in human-centered design, centers her work on the belief that happy customers lead to happy shareholders. Her blog is a reflection of her expertise and coaching experiences, providing in-depth insights and analysis of the customer experience landscape.
Three posts we like from Kerry Bodine:
- The Always Up-to-Date Guide to CX Events
- E-Book: The 2015 Customer Experience Outlook
- How to Design Your Loyalty Program Customer Experience
TeleTech helps companies design and deliver superior customer experiences. The company’s regularly updated blog is a wealth of information on customer experience strategy, case studies on companies delivering fantastic customer experiences, technology, tutorials, and more.
Three posts we like from TeleTech:
- The Biggest Trends to Dominate the CX Landscape in 2015
- The Financial Impact of Improving Customer Experience
- A Framework for Influencing Customer Experience
Jeanne Bliss has led customer experience for five major U.S. corporations. Her blog, Customer Bliss, delivers valuable insights based on her book, “Chief Customer Officer: Getting Past Lip Service to Passionate Action.” The blog provides updated tools to establish a repeatable customer experience that drives customer profitability.
Three posts we like from Customer Bliss:
- What’s in Your CX Toolkit?
- How Are You Framing the CX Work to Build Customer Reliability?
- Connecting Customer Profitability to Customer Experience
1to1 Media is a multi-media resource for CRM and customer experience professionals, offering everything from videos to infographics, webinars, white papers, and more. The 1to1 Media blog is a robust resource with up-to-date information on customer service, customer loyalty, customer engagement, data analytics, and all things customer experience.
Three posts we like from 1to1 Media:
- The Worst Customer Experiences of 2014
- The CX Curriculum
- The Most Memorable Customer Experiences of 2014
A Gold Top 50 market research and consulting firm, Chadwick Martin Bailey partners with leading brands to deliver critical insights for confident, strategic decision-making. Voices of CMB: The Chadwick Martin Bailey Research Blog covers events and trends with insights on branding, marketing effectiveness, research techniques, and customer experience and loyalty, among other topics.
Three posts we like from Chadwick Martin Bailey:
- Do you Uber? Taking a Ride with the Future of Customer Experience
- Customer Experience Time Machine—Back to the 50’s
- Deconstructing the Customer Experience: What’s in Your Toolkit?
Mark Hurst is the founder and CEO of Creative Good, a company he started back in 1997 and has since worked with brands such as Good Todo, Bit Literacy, Uncle Mark, and others. The company offers consulting, writing, conferences, speeches, and other services focused on customer experience, delivering relevant insights on all things customer experience via the company’s blog.
Three posts we like from Creative Good:
- Are customers included in design thinking?
- The iPhone 6: a basic customer experience review
- Are online experiences getting better or worse?
32. Return Customer
Return Customer is a blog focused on customer service, marketing, business, and e-commerce, providing insights for businesses on increasing customer satisfaction, improving their companies, and growing revenues.
Three posts we like from Return Customer:
- Do your customers get what they pay for?
- Do Your Employees Need A Customer Care Management Degree?
- What’s Your Customer Loyalty IQ?
An internationally known authority who helps organizations create distinction in every phase of business, Scott McKain teaches companies how to deliver an “Ultimate Customer Experience®.” With three decades of experience under his belt, McKain shares valuable insights on sales, reputation management, customer experience, and more through his Create Distinction blog.
Three posts we like from Create Distinction:
- Saying goodbye to a beloved dog and the Ultimate Customer Experience ®…
- Why “great” truly is not good enough in today’s world…
- Why “distinction” sets a higher standard than “differentiation”
Kristina Evey is a patient and customer experience speaker, trainer, and coach who helps businesses discover how to become more profitable, get more customers, and keep more customers they earn. Transforming the Customer Experience focuses on just that: transforming the standard customer experience into something exceptional and unforgettable.
Three posts we like from Transforming the Customer Experience:
- Customer Service – Can You Be TOO Nice and Scare Customers Away
- Resolutions Don’t Work in Customer Service… Habits Drive the Customer Experience
- Customer Experience Mapping Puts the Pieces of Customer Satisfaction & Loyalty Together
Aveus helps leaders create change that pays through customer experience-driven performance. The Aveus blog reflects the company’s core values and key focal areas, including innovation, strategy, change implementation, and customer experience.
Three posts we like from Aveus:
- 5 Ways to Ensure Your Customer Experience Drives Better Performance
- Top Ten Customer Experience Questions: A Self-Examination
- 5 Ways to Ensure Your Customer Experience Drives Better Performance
Focused on creating shared value and rich customer experiences, Dawna MacLean helps companies develop complex business strategies that produce sustained revenue growth, decrease operational costs, create rich customer experiences, and facilitate social progress.
Three posts we like from Dawna MacLean:
- Insights on Beer, Vinegar and Customer Experience
- Vulnerability as a Competitive Advantage
- 21 Habits of Happy Companies
An author, speaker, and “professional agitator,” Tom Peters has been dubbed the Red Bull of management thinking. He’s been widely recognized in the media for his innovative strategies and ability to motivate even the most economy-stricken companies back from the brink of failure. Through his blog, Peters talks people, branding, excellence, innovation, and everything in between.
Three posts we like from Tom Peters Blog:
- A Ten-Point “No Option” Manifesto: Re-Imagine. Excellence. Innovate. Now. Or Perish.
- Respect++ in 140 Characters
- Excellence Potpourri: A Collection of (Important) Papers
Dennis Snow is a customer service trainer, keynote speaker, and business author. Snow & Associates, his consulting firm, helps companies emerge into world-class customer service organizations. Snow and his team draw on vast experiences (Snow was formerly with the Disney Institute) to provide top-level expertise on creating amazing customer experiences.
Three posts we like from Dennis Snow:
- Completing Tasks Versus Creating Experiences – Pike’s Place Fish Market
- Creating Moments of Wow
- Make the Most of a Customer Conflict
Steve Curtin brings more than two decades of experience to the table, including the organization of training efforts for more than a dozen area hotels to coordinate corporate-wide training initiatives in his former role with Marriott International. From hotel operations to sales and marketing, training and development, and customer service, Curtin has a vast bank of knowledge equipping him to lead any company to delivering exceptional customer experiences.
Three posts we like from Steve Curtin:
- It’s 2015. Do you know where your customers are?
- Walk a mile (or just stand and wait) in your customer’s moccasins
- Set the tone for exceptional customer service!
The Satmetrix is obsessed with delivering the results clients expect from customer success programs. Offering both cloud-based customer experience management software and Net Promoter consulting expertise, Satmetrix provides comprehensive services for companies desiring to enhance the customer experience.
Three posts we like from Satmetrix:
- 8 Steps to Customer Delight
- It’s the Experience, St*pid: The Case for a Local Girl’s Coffee Shop
- The One CEM Trend You Need to Know; It’s the Journey, Not the Destination
SynGro offers SEAMS customer experience management software, which helps B2B and B2C companies to increase customer loyalty, advocacy, and spend. The SynGro Customer Experience Blog provides insights for organizations wanting to create complete customer centricity.
Three posts we like from SynGro:
- Nissan boss says recall policy is key to customer loyalty
- Becoming proactive in managing the customer experience
- You must build trust with your customers
A certified customer experience professional, Ian J. Golding is a respected speaker, author, and consultant. Get expert insights on customer experience straight from Golding at I.J. Golding, where he blogs about communication, the customer journey, people, technology, and customer experience strategy, measurement, professionals, and more.
Three posts we like from I.J. Golding:
- Earning authority as a Customer Experience Professional – the importance of professional development
- Falling out of love with John Lewis – even the best find it tough to deliver consistently good customer experiences
- Dare to be Different – The ‘Dignity in Diversity’ of Customer Experience
InfoLink is a customer experience services company focused on two core areas: rapid customer acquisition and keeping customers loyal. The InfoLink blog covers customer experience management, customer support practices, and more.
Three posts we like from InfoLink Exp:
- The Customer Experience is Key to Growth and Profitability on the Cloud
- Customer Experience Management through service…beyond operational metrics
- (Customer) Experience Matters
Desk.com is an all-in-one customer support application for fast-growing companies. Naturally, the Desk.com Blog offers insights on the customer experience, including customer support strategies from Desk.com customers, partners, and expert bloggers.
Three posts we like from Desk.com Blog:
- How to make customer service your most effective marketing channel
- 5 best practices for exceptional customer service
- Customer Spotlight: Four ways CharityBuzz creates amazing experiences to support non-profits
Heart of the Customer focuses on the idea that the customer experience is a journey, not a destination. From customer experience workshops to journey maps, Heart of the Customer is a valuable resource for any customer experience professional, and the Heart of the Customer blog is a must-read for any marketer, customer service rep, sales rep, or leader.
Three posts we like from Heart of the Customer:
- What’s the customer experience focus for 2015?
- Microsoft: Customer Experience (finally) wins over an entrapment “strategy”
- “It’s up to you” – Choices can ruin your customer experience
The professional development and training arm of The Walt Disney Company, no list of must-read blogs about customer experience is complete without the Disney Institute. Offering a slew of insights on the customer journey and creating amazing customer experiences, the Disney Institute blog is one to bookmark.
Three posts we like from Disney Institute:
- A New Game-Day Strategy: Re-Imagining the Fan Experience
- New Year Resolution: Three Ways to Get Your Customer Experience in Shape
- A Common Mistake: Relying on Price Alone to Drive Customer Loyalty
A strategy firm specializing in innovation, customer experience, service design, and design management, Motiv Strategies aids companies in becoming more innovative, creating customer-centric experiences, mastering new market segments, and more.
Three posts we like from Motiv Strategies:
- Enlist Customers To Improve CX
- 3 Keys to Measuring Customer Experience
- Brand Promise Vs. Customer Experience Vision
Michael Hinshaw, Managing Director of MCorp Consulting, has spent his career integrating creativity and business strategy, improving how companies think about and interact with their customers. The MCorp Consulting team is comprised of a team of forward-thinking professionals with the drive to help companies transform their customer experiences. Insights from these experiences and perspectives on leading companies are topics on the MCorp Consulting blog, Touchpoint Insights.
Three posts we like from MCorp Consulting:
- How Delivering an Excellent Customer Experience Helped UPS Stock to Crash.
- Where Customer Experience is Going in 2015: 10 Trends to Watch
- Creating a Customer-Centric Culture: A Model Employee Handbook
49. ProProfs Chat
ProProfs’ delightfully smart tools are used by millions of users each month. The site hosts more than 1,000,000 pages of content in 70+ languages, and is a leading platform for online training and assessment with the world’s largest library of professional tests & quizzes. ProProfs products, including Quiz, Survey, Learning Management System ,Knowledge Base, Live Chat Software, Project Management and Training tools, are used by many Fortune 500 companies such as Sony & Dell, along with users from leading educational institutes like Phoenix. ProProfs empowers users with a valuable platform to apply knowledge, helping them increase productivity, efficiency and profitability.
Three posts we like from ProProfs Consulting:
- How to Apply Customer Experience Advocacy in Marketing
- 7 Tips for Building a Memorable Customer Experience This Holiday Season
- 7 Compelling Reasons Why You Should Listen to Your Customers